Various Keep the Faith
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Dust Science
Faith-based techno? You'll be ready to pledge your vote to the Dust Science slate after hearing Keep the Faith, the label's first compilation of thick, brainy-yet-danceable techno from the legendary likes of Dan Curtain and Richard H. Kirk. The basslines throb, the acid boxes pulsate, the voices are buried and distorted in the mix in a wave of bottomless beats that feels more like a relentless Plastikman mix than a grab-bag label comp. Newcomer Derailleur steals the show with "Repeat Offender,"–a savage beating of a track structured like a classical symphony.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
XLR8R Downloads Player