Various Keep the Faith
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Dust Science
Faith-based techno? You'll be ready to pledge your vote to the Dust Science slate after hearing Keep the Faith, the label's first compilation of thick, brainy-yet-danceable techno from the legendary likes of Dan Curtain and Richard H. Kirk. The basslines throb, the acid boxes pulsate, the voices are buried and distorted in the mix in a wave of bottomless beats that feels more like a relentless Plastikman mix than a grab-bag label comp. Newcomer Derailleur steals the show with "Repeat Offender,"–a savage beating of a track structured like a classical symphony.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player