Various Kon & Amir: Off Track Vol. 2–Queens
For their fifth official release, Off Track: Vol. 2, crate-diggers Kon & Amir give us a double-disc-sized peek into the disco and African grooves in their box. Disc One offers underground disco of the obscure variety with re-edits by Kon, highlighted by Sparkle’s “Let It Go” and Eddie Benitez’s “We Are the Ones.” The second set, Amir’s selections, features Afrobeat, soul, and funk-driven numbers like Earl Rodney’s triumphant “Midnight Man.” Solid selectors, to be sure, Kon and Amir provide a hot night at the disco, but when they get around to Orchestre Black Dragons’ “E Sa F’aiye,” it leads into an even hotter day at the beach.
- NewsStream an Upcoming EP from La Beauté Du Négatif Featuring Neel and J.Alvarez
- NewsMachinedrum Shares Bootleg Remix of Beyonce; Download It Now
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Odds and Ends, Part 1
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Rolando, Austin Cesear, and Mister Saturday Night
- ContestBleep and XLR8R Present the 100 Tracks Mix Competition
XLR8R Downloads Player