Various Kyoto Jazz Massive: 10th Anniversary
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Compost
Both Compost and KJM generally put out quality material, but for the doubters, check the other names on this two-disc set: Kenny Dope, Louie Vega, Monday Michiru, and Da Lata. The lineup makes for a simply outstanding collection. Brothers and acid jazz DJs/producers Shuya and Yoshihiro Okino celebrate their anniversary with remixes of their work, as well as covers and tributes from other musicians. The results include KJM's "Shine," first remixed by Dope, then recreated by Jazztronik into a stripped-down mix of beats and chopped vocals that ends with a burst of warmth. A consistently excellent compilation.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player