Various Osunlade: Cinco Anos Despue
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Yoruba-Soul Jazz
Fittingly, this two-CD set, comprised of 20 tracks culled from Osunlade's Yoruba Records catalog, opens with "Ochun's Arrival," an invocation to the Orisha representing the spiritual side of the essence of womanhood. The sexy, flirty track bounces along over an uptempo, flute-infused beat. This is deep house, alright, but deep in the sense that it seeks to connect Afro-Cuban religious tradition with extra-sensual electronic music-cheesy disco divas and stock 4/4 beats need not apply. Other Orishas are invoked, along with seductive Latin grooves and funky percussion-fueled sweat fests, resulting in rapturous dancefloor bliss that might just heal your mind, body, and soul.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player