Various Osunlade: Cinco Anos Despue
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Yoruba-Soul Jazz
Fittingly, this two-CD set, comprised of 20 tracks culled from Osunlade's Yoruba Records catalog, opens with "Ochun's Arrival," an invocation to the Orisha representing the spiritual side of the essence of womanhood. The sexy, flirty track bounces along over an uptempo, flute-infused beat. This is deep house, alright, but deep in the sense that it seeks to connect Afro-Cuban religious tradition with extra-sensual electronic music-cheesy disco divas and stock 4/4 beats need not apply. Other Orishas are invoked, along with seductive Latin grooves and funky percussion-fueled sweat fests, resulting in rapturous dancefloor bliss that might just heal your mind, body, and soul.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player