Various Osunlade: Cinco Anos Despue
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Yoruba-Soul Jazz
Fittingly, this two-CD set, comprised of 20 tracks culled from Osunlade's Yoruba Records catalog, opens with "Ochun's Arrival," an invocation to the Orisha representing the spiritual side of the essence of womanhood. The sexy, flirty track bounces along over an uptempo, flute-infused beat. This is deep house, alright, but deep in the sense that it seeks to connect Afro-Cuban religious tradition with extra-sensual electronic music-cheesy disco divas and stock 4/4 beats need not apply. Other Orishas are invoked, along with seductive Latin grooves and funky percussion-fueled sweat fests, resulting in rapturous dancefloor bliss that might just heal your mind, body, and soul.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player