Various From our Minds To Your Ears
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: EOM
For their debut album, the Sunnyvale, CA trio of Audiosond, El Gato #9 and Morpheus (a.k.a. Brian Ward, Christopher Leath and Paul Leath) clearly have some audio hardware they're unafraid to use. Nor are they bashful about who gets to play with which instruments. Be it the downtempo synths generated by Ward in "To the Future," the sitars and woodwinds in many of Christopher's tracks, or Paul's 4/4 tribal drums on songs like "Sunshines Today," the compilation is impressively diverse, and despite being new artists from the unglamorous suburbs of Silicon Valley, the EOM crew displays compositional skills on par with any metropolitan scene.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player