Various Out Patients 3
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Hospital
London-based drum & bass and future jazz stalwart Hospital Records unleashes a stellar take on futuristic rhythm-twisting with a high-gloss finish. Assembled by label manager Chris Goss, Out Patients 3 moves unabashedly from frantic, Latin-touched broken beat (on Ultrasound's killer "Latin ") to dark, eerie beats-and-bass workouts (Chris Finguz & Siobhan Gallagher's "Why Do We Do?") and cerebral head-nodders (Infekto's "My Groove") without batting an eyelash. Keep an ear out for a few killer remixes along the way-High Contrast's dancefloor anthem "Return of Forever" gets a bright, tropical sheen from Swell Sessions, and Stateless's treatment of London Elektricity's floor-filler "Wishing Well" turns the track into a fractured, dubbed-out tune with glimpses of vocals and crisp drum patterns working their way to the top. Absolutely essential listening for those searching for the future of drum & bass.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player