Various Rhythm & Sound: See Mi Yah Remixes
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Burial Mix
For this outing, Rhythm & Sound (German producers Mark Ernestus and Moritz von Oswald) invites a cadre of free-spirited techno heavyweights to rework assorted Jamaican vocal tracks. Carl Craig injects rhythmic space and squelching effects to Bobbo Shanti's "Poor People Must Work" while Substance micro-dubs singer Sugar Minott. François K casts vocalist Rod of Iron in drum & bass armor and Vladislav Delay makes Freddy Mellow feel cozy in his velvety beats. The album isn't for dub purists; Rhythm & Sound takes a reggae foundation and builds a modern, echo-soaked edifice that would make Frank Gehry smile.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player