Various Robert Hood: Fabric 39
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Few are better qualified to provide an overview of minimal techno’s parabolas and permutations than Robert Hood. Along with former Underground Resistance band-mate Jeff Mills, Hood’s been helping to define and shape vanguard dance music for nearly two decades. Fabric 39 finds this Detroit-raised producer/DJ working 32 tracks into 69 minutes, sifting through the deluge of mnml releases to reveal the hardest, most glinting gems, including (appropriately) several of his own creations. Cutthroat cuts from Pacou, Mills, Joris Voorn, Diego, John Thomas, and others typify Hood’s mix with their urgent, clattering pummel, generating subtly momentous fluctuations while rarely deviating from the soulfully stoic vibe. Listen, learn, and move to Hood’s master seminar.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player