Various Robert Hood: Fabric 39
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Few are better qualified to provide an overview of minimal techno’s parabolas and permutations than Robert Hood. Along with former Underground Resistance band-mate Jeff Mills, Hood’s been helping to define and shape vanguard dance music for nearly two decades. Fabric 39 finds this Detroit-raised producer/DJ working 32 tracks into 69 minutes, sifting through the deluge of mnml releases to reveal the hardest, most glinting gems, including (appropriately) several of his own creations. Cutthroat cuts from Pacou, Mills, Joris Voorn, Diego, John Thomas, and others typify Hood’s mix with their urgent, clattering pummel, generating subtly momentous fluctuations while rarely deviating from the soulfully stoic vibe. Listen, learn, and move to Hood’s master seminar.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player