Various Robert Hood: Fabric 39
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Few are better qualified to provide an overview of minimal techno’s parabolas and permutations than Robert Hood. Along with former Underground Resistance band-mate Jeff Mills, Hood’s been helping to define and shape vanguard dance music for nearly two decades. Fabric 39 finds this Detroit-raised producer/DJ working 32 tracks into 69 minutes, sifting through the deluge of mnml releases to reveal the hardest, most glinting gems, including (appropriately) several of his own creations. Cutthroat cuts from Pacou, Mills, Joris Voorn, Diego, John Thomas, and others typify Hood’s mix with their urgent, clattering pummel, generating subtly momentous fluctuations while rarely deviating from the soulfully stoic vibe. Listen, learn, and move to Hood’s master seminar.
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- PodcastGerd Janson
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player