Various Round Black Ghosts
Round Black Ghosts is a solid primer for dubstep’s post-techno side, as seen through the lens of Berlin label ~scape.Elemental’s “Raw Material” best captures that sound where irate, acid synth lines run into faint, dubby guitar riffs. Pinch’s digital knick-knacks stalk the listener on the eerie “136 Trek,” while Pole’s dubstep experiment, “Alles Klar,” waits ominously just around the corner–however, its hiccuping rhythm tends to go nowhere. Those looking to follow dubstep’s bloodline to Berlin digital-dub can dissect 2562’s “Channel Two” where the Dutch producer smudges gaseous synth riffs and room-rattling bass across a jittery South London rhythm. Maybe safest to just let dubstep stay in the lab.
- FeatureHi-Five: Juju & Jordash Select Their Favorite Jazz Tracks
- NewsTechnics to Launch High-Resolution Download Store
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsNina Kraviz Details First трип Label Release; Preview It Now
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player