- Words: Selena Hs
- Label: Trikon
Ska, surf rock and punk-lite throw open the Iron Curtain in this collection of Russian bands playing in a Berlin club on an expat alternative tip. Ain't no cosmopolitan beats on this thing; its all weird, awkwardly deep vocals and endearingly clumsy fusions between a traditional Russian aesthetic (chock full of minor key horn oompas and accordions), indeterminate folkiness and swingin' ska. A refreshing take on the mixing of genres that might horrify the urban sophisticate within as your big toe taps in goofy polka time.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player