Various Shapes One
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Tru Thoughts
This collection of wide-ranging masterpieces from Tru Thoughts once again illustrates their flair for signing unfamiliar musical talent. Alongside cuts from well-established talent in the world of lazy grooves and restless beats, this compilation showcases future stars. Kuzu's "Restless" uses soft footstep-type percussion and questioning strings to create an air of indecision, which doesn't aid vocalist Rachel Potter as she struggles to understand her feelings. Dubble D contributes "Slo," a contemplative cut with introspective strings, brooding brass and distressed vocals. Shapes conforms to Tru Thoughts's ideal of releasing music defined by its quality, not by its tempo or style.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player