- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Guidance
Chicago's Guidance imprint has continued to earn its place as one of the leading labels in the downtempo house arena with another compilation that easily demonstrates the label's consistency in keeping downtempo interesting. Aptly entitled Stargazing, this ensemble features mainly starry-eyed artists exploring upbeat synth-chord galaxies. These tracks deftly blend into the electroclash offerings of Ladytron's "Playgirl" and Soviet's "Candy Girl," two tracks that recall '80s alterna-pop outfits. Stargazing references some of Guidance's finest tracks over the last three years, including Alpine Stars' lush pop cut "77 Sunset Strip," Flunk's acoustic-touched rendition of New Order's classic "Blue Monday," and the collection's hands-down masterpiece, Handpolished's "One Day Trip In An Elevator," a funky zig-zag step through the electronic cosmos.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
XLR8R Downloads Player