Various Teutonik Disaster 2
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Gomma
Compiling the best music even your snottiest friends have never heard of, DJ/musicians Munk (Mathias Modica and Jonas Imbery) assemble another hot round of danceable obscurities from Deutschland's late '70s/early '80s underground. More varied and whimsical than British post-punk of the same period, this German jam scene-an experimental fringe of the Neue Deutsche Welle that bred the pop hit "99 Luftballons"-resulted in some funky, punky, quirky, jerky, electro-erotica that will rock your retro socks off. It's a testament to their importance that, even today, the selections on this comp sound super-fresh and totally familiar at the same time.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player