Various Triple R: Selection 6
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Trapez
- XLR8R Rating: 9/10
Richard Riley Reinhold (a.k.a Triple R) practically defined Cologne’s minimal sound as a producer and Traum/Trapez label owner. His staple Triple R mixes took some critical hits the last few years, but Reinhold responds with an elegant, immaculately machined mix on Selection 6 that never wavers in its quiet intensity, yet takes in the global growth of minimal with ease. To wit: Mihalis Safris’ “R2” is a gorgeous tweak-fest in the Underground Resistance tradition (via his native Greece); Roland Dill’s arty, hectic “Modus Operandy” spins spiky glitch into shuffle gold; and Reggy von Oer’s “Metza” dips into soundtrack strings. Yet each goes smoothly into the mix in classic Trapez style.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player