Various Turntables On the Hudson Vol. 4
- Words: Joe Rice
- Label: Giant Step
Renowned for its combination of funk beats, live Afro-percussion, and a wicked vibe, Turntables On The Hudson has long brightened New York's dance scene. Founders Nickodemus and Mariano represent the vibe on the fourth TOTH compilation, eschewing the Eastern influence of earlier releases for a conceptual trip through NYC's boroughs. From Spanish Harlem to Brooklyn and back, a quality selection of previously unreleased tracks and remixes from the TOTH crew is collected. Beginning with an old school hip-hop vibe and moving through Afrobeat and Puerto Rican influences, the mix features artists like Baby Mammoth, Plastic Buddha, Antibalas, and Nickodemus & Osiris.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player