Various Wighnomy Brothers: Metawuffmischfelge
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Freude am Tanzen
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
If the devil’s in the details, then this is a hell of a mix. Brother Robag Wruhme has certainly taken a devil-may-care approach, personalizing an exercise in minimal house isometrics. Shuffling funk and reverberant chords slowly coalesce with blissed-out snippets and vocal hiccups. Compiled from nearly 30 components (including tracks by Lisa Gerrard, False, and Trentemøller, plus Wruhme’s undisclosed “samples”), this could have been a steamroller or, in less talented hands, a train wreck. The end result makes for such a seamless afterhours stream, however, that it’s more appropriate to apply Le Corbusier’s counterargument that “God is in the details.” This mosaic is so well orchestrated, so precise in its built-up comedowns, it’s as pious as it is pliant.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player