Vast Aire Look Mom...No Hands
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Chocolate Industries
Are they or aren't they? No new Cannibal Ox album yet, but here's Vast Aire's solo project, with Vast bouncing off RDJ2's soul cuts, Ayatollah's electro-rockers and Madlib's herky-jerky sampler jazz. An energized Vast wades right in, sprinkling references to his infamous Cold Vein rhymes among new punchlines, and ripping the system on "Poverty Lane 16128" ("I think this whole system's corrupt/They'd rather fly into space than fill an empty cup"). Still, we miss Vordul Megilah like a phantom limb, and when he shows up on the closing track, the duo is butter like Captain and Tennille.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player