Vast Aire Look Mom...No Hands
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Chocolate Industries
Are they or aren't they? No new Cannibal Ox album yet, but here's Vast Aire's solo project, with Vast bouncing off RDJ2's soul cuts, Ayatollah's electro-rockers and Madlib's herky-jerky sampler jazz. An energized Vast wades right in, sprinkling references to his infamous Cold Vein rhymes among new punchlines, and ripping the system on "Poverty Lane 16128" ("I think this whole system's corrupt/They'd rather fly into space than fill an empty cup"). Still, we miss Vordul Megilah like a phantom limb, and when he shows up on the closing track, the duo is butter like Captain and Tennille.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player