Vast Aire Look Mom...No Hands
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Chocolate Industries
Are they or aren't they? No new Cannibal Ox album yet, but here's Vast Aire's solo project, with Vast bouncing off RDJ2's soul cuts, Ayatollah's electro-rockers and Madlib's herky-jerky sampler jazz. An energized Vast wades right in, sprinkling references to his infamous Cold Vein rhymes among new punchlines, and ripping the system on "Poverty Lane 16128" ("I think this whole system's corrupt/They'd rather fly into space than fill an empty cup"). Still, we miss Vordul Megilah like a phantom limb, and when he shows up on the closing track, the duo is butter like Captain and Tennille.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player