Vast Aire Look Mom...No Hands
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Chocolate Industries
Are they or aren't they? No new Cannibal Ox album yet, but here's Vast Aire's solo project, with Vast bouncing off RDJ2's soul cuts, Ayatollah's electro-rockers and Madlib's herky-jerky sampler jazz. An energized Vast wades right in, sprinkling references to his infamous Cold Vein rhymes among new punchlines, and ripping the system on "Poverty Lane 16128" ("I think this whole system's corrupt/They'd rather fly into space than fill an empty cup"). Still, we miss Vordul Megilah like a phantom limb, and when he shows up on the closing track, the duo is butter like Captain and Tennille.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player