- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Source
Despite the glut of click/glitch-house albums emerging from Germany each month, few manage to reveal something unique and enthralling like this debut from Frankfurt's Ole Schulte (a.k.a. Veer). Initial comparisons come from the expansive, dub-drenched minimalism of Luomo and Basic Channel, but with one important distinction: heaps of funk. Old-fashioned funk, not the butchered-sample variety popularized recently by the likes of Akufen (or Todd Edwards, for that matter), but juicy, arms-flailing, waistline-contorting funk. When coupled with fragmented, abstract edges, these syncopated grooves offer a precise balance between brain and booty that makes Lideskape excellent for repeated listening and dancing.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player