- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Source
Despite the glut of click/glitch-house albums emerging from Germany each month, few manage to reveal something unique and enthralling like this debut from Frankfurt's Ole Schulte (a.k.a. Veer). Initial comparisons come from the expansive, dub-drenched minimalism of Luomo and Basic Channel, but with one important distinction: heaps of funk. Old-fashioned funk, not the butchered-sample variety popularized recently by the likes of Akufen (or Todd Edwards, for that matter), but juicy, arms-flailing, waistline-contorting funk. When coupled with fragmented, abstract edges, these syncopated grooves offer a precise balance between brain and booty that makes Lideskape excellent for repeated listening and dancing.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player