Venetian Snares Winnipeg Is A Frozen Shithole
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Sublight
Hatred spurs Venetian Snares‘ creative juices on Winnipeg Is A Frozen Shithole, as he dishes out nine furious anti-paeans to the Canadian metropolis "chosen by the London Times four years in a row as the capital of sorrow." Venetian Snares (Aaron Funk) programs his drums to stun; the ferocity and velocity of his snares, cymbals, and boinging kicks seems designed to level Winnipeg‘s city hall. The prolific Funk‘s well-honed m.o. comes to demonic fruition on Winnipeg: It‘s a five-dimensional, super-humanly dexterous drill & bass/gabber fusion that leaves you-and the title city-utterly trashed by disc‘s end.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player