Vitalic OK Cowboy
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: PIAS
Publicly evasive Frenchman Pascal Arbez, who debuted as Vitalic in 2001, furthers the ramping legacy of expansive electronic composers from Moroder and Vangelis to Daft Punk. His four-years-in-the-making full-length debut couples jacking squelches with more genially jaunty, almost plaintive synths, thus transcending the singular profile of his monolithic, unrelentingly insistent singles ("Poney Part 1," "La Rock," "My Friend Dario") already etched across dancefloors worldwide. While the entire album isn‘t as flushed out as these effusive anchors, Cowboy‘s more meditative, mottled productions never play second cousin. These 13 resonant analog emulsions will maintain Arbez‘s rightful presence in the public/mind‘s eye.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player