Vitalic OK Cowboy
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: PIAS
Publicly evasive Frenchman Pascal Arbez, who debuted as Vitalic in 2001, furthers the ramping legacy of expansive electronic composers from Moroder and Vangelis to Daft Punk. His four-years-in-the-making full-length debut couples jacking squelches with more genially jaunty, almost plaintive synths, thus transcending the singular profile of his monolithic, unrelentingly insistent singles ("Poney Part 1," "La Rock," "My Friend Dario") already etched across dancefloors worldwide. While the entire album isn‘t as flushed out as these effusive anchors, Cowboy‘s more meditative, mottled productions never play second cousin. These 13 resonant analog emulsions will maintain Arbez‘s rightful presence in the public/mind‘s eye.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player