Vitalic OK Cowboy
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: PIAS
Publicly evasive Frenchman Pascal Arbez, who debuted as Vitalic in 2001, furthers the ramping legacy of expansive electronic composers from Moroder and Vangelis to Daft Punk. His four-years-in-the-making full-length debut couples jacking squelches with more genially jaunty, almost plaintive synths, thus transcending the singular profile of his monolithic, unrelentingly insistent singles ("Poney Part 1," "La Rock," "My Friend Dario") already etched across dancefloors worldwide. While the entire album isn‘t as flushed out as these effusive anchors, Cowboy‘s more meditative, mottled productions never play second cousin. These 13 resonant analog emulsions will maintain Arbez‘s rightful presence in the public/mind‘s eye.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player