Vitalic OK Cowboy
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: PIAS
Publicly evasive Frenchman Pascal Arbez, who debuted as Vitalic in 2001, furthers the ramping legacy of expansive electronic composers from Moroder and Vangelis to Daft Punk. His four-years-in-the-making full-length debut couples jacking squelches with more genially jaunty, almost plaintive synths, thus transcending the singular profile of his monolithic, unrelentingly insistent singles ("Poney Part 1," "La Rock," "My Friend Dario") already etched across dancefloors worldwide. While the entire album isn‘t as flushed out as these effusive anchors, Cowboy‘s more meditative, mottled productions never play second cousin. These 13 resonant analog emulsions will maintain Arbez‘s rightful presence in the public/mind‘s eye.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player