Vladislav Delay Whistleblower
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Huume
Sasu Ripatti's latest recording as Vladislav Delay sounds not so much like a divergence from the recordings made under his Luomo alter-ego as a painstaking reconstruction of sounds (scrapes, squelches, drones, thuds) sheared and shaved from the Finnish producer's metropolitan microhouse project-a new artifact sculpted from the same (ice) block, as it were. Yet "Stop Talking," "I Saw a Polysexual," and "He Lived Deeply" aren't mere scraps or experiments in superfluity. Rather, Whistleblower is mesmerizing, evocative, and, curiously, unexpectedly beautiful.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player