Vladislav Delay Whistleblower
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Huume
Sasu Ripatti's latest recording as Vladislav Delay sounds not so much like a divergence from the recordings made under his Luomo alter-ego as a painstaking reconstruction of sounds (scrapes, squelches, drones, thuds) sheared and shaved from the Finnish producer's metropolitan microhouse project-a new artifact sculpted from the same (ice) block, as it were. Yet "Stop Talking," "I Saw a Polysexual," and "He Lived Deeply" aren't mere scraps or experiments in superfluity. Rather, Whistleblower is mesmerizing, evocative, and, curiously, unexpectedly beautiful.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player