Vladislav Delay Whistleblower
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Huume
Sasu Ripatti's latest recording as Vladislav Delay sounds not so much like a divergence from the recordings made under his Luomo alter-ego as a painstaking reconstruction of sounds (scrapes, squelches, drones, thuds) sheared and shaved from the Finnish producer's metropolitan microhouse project-a new artifact sculpted from the same (ice) block, as it were. Yet "Stop Talking," "I Saw a Polysexual," and "He Lived Deeply" aren't mere scraps or experiments in superfluity. Rather, Whistleblower is mesmerizing, evocative, and, curiously, unexpectedly beautiful.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player