Vladislav Delay Whistleblower
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Huume
Sasu Ripatti's latest recording as Vladislav Delay sounds not so much like a divergence from the recordings made under his Luomo alter-ego as a painstaking reconstruction of sounds (scrapes, squelches, drones, thuds) sheared and shaved from the Finnish producer's metropolitan microhouse project-a new artifact sculpted from the same (ice) block, as it were. Yet "Stop Talking," "I Saw a Polysexual," and "He Lived Deeply" aren't mere scraps or experiments in superfluity. Rather, Whistleblower is mesmerizing, evocative, and, curiously, unexpectedly beautiful.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player