- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Rephlex
This 20-track disc collates years of Jeremy Simmonds' studio wizardry as Voafose. Simmonds, who has collaborated with Boymerang and AFX, is probably best known for 1993's Weirs, a collection of abrasive, abstract techno he recorded with Luke Vibert. Less beat-oriented than that IDM classic, Voafose delves into unsettling ambience and imaginary sci-fi soundtracks festooned with bizarre timbres, psychedelic tone ripples, warped animal cries, and BBC Radiophonic bleeps. The disc includes a few maddening collages involving pitch-shifted and chopped-up voices recorded from TV and radio that you only need to hear once. Otherwise, Voafose is a revelatory archival excavation.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player