- Words: Phil Phloe
- Label: Public Transit
LA‘s Voice has a personal, low-key poetic delivery; a tradition established by fellow Angeleno emcees Medusa and T Love. The songs are straight forward, literate, and literal-"LA Contradiction" is about just that, how a city‘s vibe can be the opposite of an artist‘s spirit. And while Voice‘s flow is sometimes awkward, it‘s nothing a few more appearances at the Good Life‘s open mic sessions couldn‘t remedy. Production by Da Grassroots and Moonstarr ensures the music is as creative as Voice‘s lyrics.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player