- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: VP
Best known for their Bogle tribute "Wacky Dip," Voicemail is a three-piece dancehall unit with a tendency towards R&B/hip-hop crossover á la TOK. Hey plays like the follow-up to TOK‘s Uncommon Language: The dancehall anthems like "Bring Ya Body Come" and a remix of their hit "Ready To Party" are catchy and credible. It‘s just the other stuff on here that‘s hard to digest. "Crunked" is basically an update of Nelly and Jagged Edge's "Where The Party At," and "One Wish" is a cringe-inducing piano ballad. "Back To Basics" is the best tune here-and a mantra that Voicemail should have followed.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player