- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: VP
Best known for their Bogle tribute "Wacky Dip," Voicemail is a three-piece dancehall unit with a tendency towards R&B/hip-hop crossover á la TOK. Hey plays like the follow-up to TOK‘s Uncommon Language: The dancehall anthems like "Bring Ya Body Come" and a remix of their hit "Ready To Party" are catchy and credible. It‘s just the other stuff on here that‘s hard to digest. "Crunked" is basically an update of Nelly and Jagged Edge's "Where The Party At," and "One Wish" is a cringe-inducing piano ballad. "Back To Basics" is the best tune here-and a mantra that Voicemail should have followed.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
XLR8R Downloads Player