Watchers Dunes Phase
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Gern Blandsten
Watchers had better get ready for a barrage of Talking Heads comparisons...not that that‘s necessarily a bad thing. Besides the obvious (singer Michael Makeout sounds much like David Byrne), they share with the Heads a love of all things groove, and a complete disregard for genrefication. Be it via latin percussion, post-punk screech or dub-by-way-of-the-Bronx basslines, Watchers' second outing achieves its intended result: It'll make you dance.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player