Watchers Dunes Phase
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Gern Blandsten
Watchers had better get ready for a barrage of Talking Heads comparisons...not that that‘s necessarily a bad thing. Besides the obvious (singer Michael Makeout sounds much like David Byrne), they share with the Heads a love of all things groove, and a complete disregard for genrefication. Be it via latin percussion, post-punk screech or dub-by-way-of-the-Bronx basslines, Watchers' second outing achieves its intended result: It'll make you dance.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player