Watchers Dunes Phase
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Gern Blandsten
Watchers had better get ready for a barrage of Talking Heads comparisons...not that that‘s necessarily a bad thing. Besides the obvious (singer Michael Makeout sounds much like David Byrne), they share with the Heads a love of all things groove, and a complete disregard for genrefication. Be it via latin percussion, post-punk screech or dub-by-way-of-the-Bronx basslines, Watchers' second outing achieves its intended result: It'll make you dance.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player