Watchers Dunes Phase
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Gern Blandsten
Watchers had better get ready for a barrage of Talking Heads comparisons...not that that‘s necessarily a bad thing. Besides the obvious (singer Michael Makeout sounds much like David Byrne), they share with the Heads a love of all things groove, and a complete disregard for genrefication. Be it via latin percussion, post-punk screech or dub-by-way-of-the-Bronx basslines, Watchers' second outing achieves its intended result: It'll make you dance.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player