Wechsel Garland Easy
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Karaoke Kalk
On Easy, Wechsel Garland offers up his latest serving of fireside-chamomile electronica. But scaling back the electronic element almost entirely on some tracks, a good portion of the album plays like some ether-blurred Tropicana lounge experience ("Waves," "Corona Loco") or a foray into PBS‘s acoustic-music concert archives from ‘70s. The problem isn‘t the territory he tackles; rather that he does it so damned well. Easy really draws out its intended emotions-and whether we fancy Garland‘s schmaltzy, feel-good vocalisms or not, the instrumental potency cannot be denied.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player