Wechsel Garland Easy
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Karaoke Kalk
On Easy, Wechsel Garland offers up his latest serving of fireside-chamomile electronica. But scaling back the electronic element almost entirely on some tracks, a good portion of the album plays like some ether-blurred Tropicana lounge experience ("Waves," "Corona Loco") or a foray into PBS‘s acoustic-music concert archives from ‘70s. The problem isn‘t the territory he tackles; rather that he does it so damned well. Easy really draws out its intended emotions-and whether we fancy Garland‘s schmaltzy, feel-good vocalisms or not, the instrumental potency cannot be denied.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player