- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: FatCat
Lauded by both bloggers and U.K. glossies like Mojo, Sirs, from the Seattle-based quartet Welcome, deserves its accolades. Welcome's music transports you to London's UFO club circa 1967, when LSD was potent and minds were never more open. The disc's 10 songs assimilate their psych-pop influences-The Creation, Syd's Pink Floyd, and '66-'68 Beatles-with aplomb. Scathing guitars, corrosive fuzz bass, swerving dynamics, and swoonsome boy/girl vocals coalesce into tracks at once ethereal and rambunctious, tuneful and oblique.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player