- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: FatCat
Lauded by both bloggers and U.K. glossies like Mojo, Sirs, from the Seattle-based quartet Welcome, deserves its accolades. Welcome's music transports you to London's UFO club circa 1967, when LSD was potent and minds were never more open. The disc's 10 songs assimilate their psych-pop influences-The Creation, Syd's Pink Floyd, and '66-'68 Beatles-with aplomb. Scathing guitars, corrosive fuzz bass, swerving dynamics, and swoonsome boy/girl vocals coalesce into tracks at once ethereal and rambunctious, tuneful and oblique.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player