Wet Confetti Laughing, Gasping
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Rice Bird
Six years ago the words "Gang of Four" meant shit-nothin' to anyone but hack music crits like us and the dorks behind the counter at your neighborhood record store. But in the post-Rapture world, the name gets dropped in press releases for fucking pop records. In the case of Wet Confetti, however, a Go4 mention makes sense-Dave Allen produced the band's rollicking Laughing, Gasping, a totally fine, entirely okay, thoroughly passable slab of brooding p-punk that owes as much to the Gang as it does to modern acts like Pretty Girls Make Graves. Not bad but nothing special.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player