Wet Confetti Laughing, Gasping
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Rice Bird
Six years ago the words "Gang of Four" meant shit-nothin' to anyone but hack music crits like us and the dorks behind the counter at your neighborhood record store. But in the post-Rapture world, the name gets dropped in press releases for fucking pop records. In the case of Wet Confetti, however, a Go4 mention makes sense-Dave Allen produced the band's rollicking Laughing, Gasping, a totally fine, entirely okay, thoroughly passable slab of brooding p-punk that owes as much to the Gang as it does to modern acts like Pretty Girls Make Graves. Not bad but nothing special.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player