Wevie Stonder Kenyan Harry EP
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Skam
These Brit absurdists follow up this year's Drawing on Other People's Heads album with this six-track vocal and instrumental mess of found sounds and hilarious, well-executed ideas. Swinging a needed sense of humor into po-faced experimental electronica, Wevie Stonder bounces here between dizzying cut-up techno, grungy and ominous downtempo and silly non-dance pop. Highlights include the poly-perverse folk tune "Stichin" and the loping, Beefheart-ish "Lady's Leg Licked": "I saw a lady look the other way when a cat came over and licked her on the leg..." Indeed. Lighten up and get a load of this. "
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player