Wevie Stonder Kenyan Harry EP
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Skam
These Brit absurdists follow up this year's Drawing on Other People's Heads album with this six-track vocal and instrumental mess of found sounds and hilarious, well-executed ideas. Swinging a needed sense of humor into po-faced experimental electronica, Wevie Stonder bounces here between dizzying cut-up techno, grungy and ominous downtempo and silly non-dance pop. Highlights include the poly-perverse folk tune "Stichin" and the loping, Beefheart-ish "Lady's Leg Licked": "I saw a lady look the other way when a cat came over and licked her on the leg..." Indeed. Lighten up and get a load of this. "
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player