Wevie Stonder Kenyan Harry EP
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Skam
These Brit absurdists follow up this year's Drawing on Other People's Heads album with this six-track vocal and instrumental mess of found sounds and hilarious, well-executed ideas. Swinging a needed sense of humor into po-faced experimental electronica, Wevie Stonder bounces here between dizzying cut-up techno, grungy and ominous downtempo and silly non-dance pop. Highlights include the poly-perverse folk tune "Stichin" and the loping, Beefheart-ish "Lady's Leg Licked": "I saw a lady look the other way when a cat came over and licked her on the leg..." Indeed. Lighten up and get a load of this. "
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player