White Rainbow Prism of Eternal Now
- Words: Cameron Octigan
- Label: Kranky
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Like Adam Forkner's work with groups like Yume Bitsu and Surface of Eceon, his newest full-length, Prism of Eternal Now, focuses in on repetition and space. Previous releases have retained a certain indie sensibility, but this time he embraces the epic and seems to move on. Album opener "Pulses" invokes minimalist percussion, harnessed by a Michio Kurihara-esque lead guitar and interweaving vocal chants. The rest of the album falls in line with the pedal-and-loop scene, most poppily represented by "Psyched Prism." It is perhaps the pinnacle of achievement on this release, building up with all the requisite "oohs" and "ahs" to keep any shoegazer happy while repeatedly flogging itself into a transcendent crescendo.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player