Whitey The Light At the End Of the Tunnel Is a Train
- Words: Julianne Shepherd
- Label: 1-2-3-4
Rough techno-era punk tends to be short on funk or melody, but the oscillator buzzes and gelatinous vocal harmonies in Nathan J.Whitey‘s electro-charged dancefloor rock joints could hit Manchester pop charts or sit pretty near DFA in the vinyl stacks. Brooding and amorphous with guitar-fuzz, high-amped live drums, and sexy boy-singing, the Brit multi-instrumentalist makes a seductive atmosphere for kissing passionately in the backseat; Neu is playing, and your driver is about to hit the Autobahn. A sneaky record, its production beguiles: horsehooves, cowbells, vibes and dinner-party field samples fold over maracas, synths ebb, sonics are mooked. Hot, noisy, ready to grind.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
XLR8R Downloads Player