WhoMadeWho The Plot
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Gomma
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
Does the world really need another nth-generation dance-punk album? Danish trio WhoMadeWho apparently thinks so. The Plot is the band's sophomore record, and all the familiar post-post-punk elements are in place. Angular Gang of Four basslines? Check. Deadpan '80s vocal melodies? Yup. Synth flourishes, pounding electro workouts, and the occasional vocoder? Definitely. WhoMadeWho may put their own spin on things with the inclusion of the occasional oboe and nods to '60s psychedelic pop and '70s stadium rock grandiosity, but all in all, The Plot is an impressively unoriginal effort that adds little to a genre that was already creatively tapped out.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player