Willi Williams Messenger Man
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Blood and Fire
The name might not sound familiar but the hit does. Willi Williams‘s 1979 smash "Armagideon Time" is a pivotal marker for late ‘70s reggae. He‘s had nominal success since, but this collection proves his sincere and focused depth. "Messenger Man," with its sly vocals coupled with searing guitars, and the skankin‘ saxophone on "Give Jah Praise" give this minor deity proper placement in the pantheon of reggae kings. With the nonchalant rudeboy poetics of Kiddus I and Black Ark-quality production, Williams‘s inner circle is one you won‘t mind penetrating.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player