William Orbit Hello Waveforms
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Sanctuary
Too often, ambient equals snoozy, but in the case of über-producer William Orbit, ambient denotes a range of sounds. On this, his first solo album since 2000, Orbit shows his typical keyboard-heavy style while creating a varied disc. He nods to his previous works with "Humming Chorus" (taken from Madame Butterfly) while tracks like "Spiral" (featuring vocals from Kenna and UK girl group Sugababes), with its texture and moodiness, lean more toward pop. Though he‘s perhaps heavy on the spacey noises, it‘s easy to see why everyone from Madonna to U2 keeps his number handy.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player