Winston Riley Productions Dancehall Techniques 86-91
- Words: Matt Fisher
- Label: Maximum Pressure
The most effective way to reissue Jamaican music is by focusing on its producers. Such is the case with Winston Riley, whose importance to dancehall music is nothing less than crucial. It was Riley who produced the famed "Double Barrel" and "Stalag" rhythms. He was the epicenter of dancehall's emergence in the '80s, launching the careers of Pliers, Admiral Tibet, Super Cat, Cutty Ranks and Buju Banton, to name a few. Dancehall Techniques showcases the early works of those artists supported by the crisp digital production that made them famous.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player