Winston Riley Productions Dancehall Techniques 86-91
- Words: Matt Fisher
- Label: Maximum Pressure
The most effective way to reissue Jamaican music is by focusing on its producers. Such is the case with Winston Riley, whose importance to dancehall music is nothing less than crucial. It was Riley who produced the famed "Double Barrel" and "Stalag" rhythms. He was the epicenter of dancehall's emergence in the '80s, launching the careers of Pliers, Admiral Tibet, Super Cat, Cutty Ranks and Buju Banton, to name a few. Dancehall Techniques showcases the early works of those artists supported by the crisp digital production that made them famous.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player