Wolf Eyes Burned Mind
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: SubPop
One of the most notorious noise groups to arise from underground American cassette culture, Ann Arbor, MI's Wolf Eyes has produced somewhere around 50 recordings since their first release in 1996. Chronicled on their own Hanson and American Tapes labels as well as hot shit imprints such as Bulb and Troubleman, the current trio of Aaron Dilloway, Nathan Young and John Olson specializes in the kind of post-apocalyptic, glass-shattering, over-amplified sludge howl that you thought only came to you in nightmares. And Burned Mind is no exception. Reference points Throbbing Gristle, New Blockaders, Whitehouse and Swans may provide clues, but the pure horror of Burned Mind must be experienced firsthand to fully understand.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player