Wolf Eyes Burned Mind
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: SubPop
One of the most notorious noise groups to arise from underground American cassette culture, Ann Arbor, MI's Wolf Eyes has produced somewhere around 50 recordings since their first release in 1996. Chronicled on their own Hanson and American Tapes labels as well as hot shit imprints such as Bulb and Troubleman, the current trio of Aaron Dilloway, Nathan Young and John Olson specializes in the kind of post-apocalyptic, glass-shattering, over-amplified sludge howl that you thought only came to you in nightmares. And Burned Mind is no exception. Reference points Throbbing Gristle, New Blockaders, Whitehouse and Swans may provide clues, but the pure horror of Burned Mind must be experienced firsthand to fully understand.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player