Wolf Eyes Burned Mind
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: SubPop
One of the most notorious noise groups to arise from underground American cassette culture, Ann Arbor, MI's Wolf Eyes has produced somewhere around 50 recordings since their first release in 1996. Chronicled on their own Hanson and American Tapes labels as well as hot shit imprints such as Bulb and Troubleman, the current trio of Aaron Dilloway, Nathan Young and John Olson specializes in the kind of post-apocalyptic, glass-shattering, over-amplified sludge howl that you thought only came to you in nightmares. And Burned Mind is no exception. Reference points Throbbing Gristle, New Blockaders, Whitehouse and Swans may provide clues, but the pure horror of Burned Mind must be experienced firsthand to fully understand.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
XLR8R Downloads Player