World Standard & Wechsel Garland The Isle
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Staubgold
The persistently out of the ordinary Staubgold presents a subtly delicate and undramatically sweeping reissue of last year's tragically underexposed P-Vine release, Jorge Follett and Sohichiro Suzuiki's The Isle. Showcasing a delightfully sublime ear for organic instrumentation without relying on the conventional vernacular, The Isle has a heartfelt and childlike quality that doesn't lose itself in saccharine nostalgia. Surface simplicity masks the mature contours and wise intimacy of these compositions. The Isle is along the lines of a Morr Music release, but clearer, brighter, and more intelligently executed; it's in line with Sack/Blumm collaborations, but less childish in its toy piano fetishism. Lovely.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player