World Standard & Wechsel Garland The Isle
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Staubgold
The persistently out of the ordinary Staubgold presents a subtly delicate and undramatically sweeping reissue of last year's tragically underexposed P-Vine release, Jorge Follett and Sohichiro Suzuiki's The Isle. Showcasing a delightfully sublime ear for organic instrumentation without relying on the conventional vernacular, The Isle has a heartfelt and childlike quality that doesn't lose itself in saccharine nostalgia. Surface simplicity masks the mature contours and wise intimacy of these compositions. The Isle is along the lines of a Morr Music release, but clearer, brighter, and more intelligently executed; it's in line with Sack/Blumm collaborations, but less childish in its toy piano fetishism. Lovely.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player