World Standard & Wechsel Garland The Isle
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Staubgold
The persistently out of the ordinary Staubgold presents a subtly delicate and undramatically sweeping reissue of last year's tragically underexposed P-Vine release, Jorge Follett and Sohichiro Suzuiki's The Isle. Showcasing a delightfully sublime ear for organic instrumentation without relying on the conventional vernacular, The Isle has a heartfelt and childlike quality that doesn't lose itself in saccharine nostalgia. Surface simplicity masks the mature contours and wise intimacy of these compositions. The Isle is along the lines of a Morr Music release, but clearer, brighter, and more intelligently executed; it's in line with Sack/Blumm collaborations, but less childish in its toy piano fetishism. Lovely.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player