World Standard & Wechsel Garland The Isle
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Staubgold
The persistently out of the ordinary Staubgold presents a subtly delicate and undramatically sweeping reissue of last year's tragically underexposed P-Vine release, Jorge Follett and Sohichiro Suzuiki's The Isle. Showcasing a delightfully sublime ear for organic instrumentation without relying on the conventional vernacular, The Isle has a heartfelt and childlike quality that doesn't lose itself in saccharine nostalgia. Surface simplicity masks the mature contours and wise intimacy of these compositions. The Isle is along the lines of a Morr Music release, but clearer, brighter, and more intelligently executed; it's in line with Sack/Blumm collaborations, but less childish in its toy piano fetishism. Lovely.
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Readers Poll
- NewsWatch Mala Dig in John Peel's Record Collection
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Midland, Nina Kraviz, our Best of 2014, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Releases (15 - 1)
- MP3Rihanna "What's My Name? (Federation Remix feat. Vybz Kartel)"
XLR8R Downloads Player