Xrabit + DMG$ Hello World
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Big Dada
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Finally, a hip-hop album that owes as much to ’80s Saturday morning cartoons as it does U.K. grime and crunked-up Southern playalistics. From the get-go of opening track “Damaged Goods,” London-based producer Xrabit goes buck wild at the mixing console, laying down skittery Casio-esque pops and bleeps over an array of bassed-out percussion while Texan MCs Coool Dundee and Trak Bully get busy on the mics. “Ferris Bueller” and “Same Ole” are a pair of memorable ’83-era cuts that big up both Afrika Bambaataa and Art of Noise with enough breakbeats and synths to tear the roof off a house party. Word up.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player