Yabby Y Deliver Me From My Enemies
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Blood & Fire
The man born Vivian Jackson completed a three-year trilogy of albums in 1977 with this lush, spacious, devotional dub record. While lovers' rock and big pimpin' were pumping in bass-heavy speakers, You focused his efforts on the Most High, apparent on the rhythmic brilliance of "Judgment Time" and "Zion Gate." Considering a simple re-release would not suffice, the label doubled the length with 12-inch mixes, including a killing toaster tribute over percussive beats on "Jah Vengeance." You's pulpit was certainly demanding, but his fire was enough to make the pews rise with fists raised.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player