Yeasayer All Hour Cymbals
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: We Are Free
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
It was inevitable; during a beer break, the garage bands started actually looking around the garage, and over in the corner were dad’s Peter Gabriel-era Genesis records, big brother’s Tortoise records, and Animal Collective’s sampler. Having mastered “feeling,” the bands started exploring “technique,” and the result, at least in the case of Yeasayer, is like Fleetwood Mac and 4Hero sitting around a campfire, harmonizing over a hash pipe. That’s right, you’ve got prog rock (and just about everything else) in your chocolate. These 11 tracks play tag through a reverberant boarding school bathed in flushes of light and swept by solar winds. Yeasayer are no longer punks, but they still may wanna blurt, “Folk you!”
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player