Yelle Pop Up
- Words: Connie Hwong
- Label: Caroline
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
French popster Yelle is about to become your new favorite thing. Her addictive debut album has finally made its way to the States, after spending the past six months tearing up clubs across Europe. Aided by friend and producer GrandMarnier, the young upstart wrings crunchy Justice-like tech-rock through a Cyndi Lauper pop filter, aided and abetted by bloopy synth riffs and her endearingly naughty lyrics (a particular hit verse translates to “I wanna see you in a porn flick, getting busy with your French fry-shaped dick”) that lead to automatic grins as you shake that ass on the dancefloor–or in your bedroom.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player