Yelle Pop Up
- Words: Connie Hwong
- Label: Caroline
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
French popster Yelle is about to become your new favorite thing. Her addictive debut album has finally made its way to the States, after spending the past six months tearing up clubs across Europe. Aided by friend and producer GrandMarnier, the young upstart wrings crunchy Justice-like tech-rock through a Cyndi Lauper pop filter, aided and abetted by bloopy synth riffs and her endearingly naughty lyrics (a particular hit verse translates to “I wanna see you in a porn flick, getting busy with your French fry-shaped dick”) that lead to automatic grins as you shake that ass on the dancefloor–or in your bedroom.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player