Yelle Pop Up
- Words: Connie Hwong
- Label: Caroline
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
French popster Yelle is about to become your new favorite thing. Her addictive debut album has finally made its way to the States, after spending the past six months tearing up clubs across Europe. Aided by friend and producer GrandMarnier, the young upstart wrings crunchy Justice-like tech-rock through a Cyndi Lauper pop filter, aided and abetted by bloopy synth riffs and her endearingly naughty lyrics (a particular hit verse translates to “I wanna see you in a porn flick, getting busy with your French fry-shaped dick”) that lead to automatic grins as you shake that ass on the dancefloor–or in your bedroom.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player