Yellotone Tar File Junction
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Ai
Continuing to establish itself as the UK's premier home for new electronic talent, Ai unleashes this monster of an album. Harnessing the electro leanings of an illustrious Op-Art/B12/Black Dog past and updating this lineage through modern technological know-how and Simon Harding's use of "real" instruments, most noticeably guitar, Tar File Junction feels like an intimate introduction to one man's distinct conception of the realm of instrumental music. Free from simple repetitive loops and embracing the possibilities of sound, Mr. Harding's ambitious debut is a stellar addition to a crowded field of IDM noodling.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player