Yoshimi and Yuka Flower With No Color
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Ipecac
Sure to be overlooked for its elegant subtlety, Cibo Matto-programmer Yuka Honda and Yoshimi P-We (Boredoms, OOIOO, Free Kitten) have created a minor ambient/improv masterpiece in Flower With No Color. Made while traveling and living together in rural Japan, Flower gathers field recordings of birds, temple bells and sounds of their truck with piano, bamboo flutes, trumpets and synthesizers into a something not unlike Alice Coltrane, Sun Ra and Damo Suzuiki wandering Mt. Ikoma on opium. Easily one of the most sublime 45-minute listening sessions I've spent in some time.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player