Z Man Dope Or Dogfood
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Refill/Hiero Imperium
Rappers sound best when it's clear they feel a strong personal connection to their lyrics. When Paris and Mr. Lif spit agitprop, for instance, you can tell they really mean it. Other artists aren't tough on politics, and have to stick with subject matter that hits closer to home-like white girls with ass. Z Man sounds most impassioned when he's yapping about said white girls ("Bigots and Bitches," "White Girls With Ass") or getting faded (the rest of the album). Dope or Dogfood is just like its title-you'll either think it's really dope or dogfood.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player