Z Man Dope Or Dogfood
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Refill/Hiero Imperium
Rappers sound best when it's clear they feel a strong personal connection to their lyrics. When Paris and Mr. Lif spit agitprop, for instance, you can tell they really mean it. Other artists aren't tough on politics, and have to stick with subject matter that hits closer to home-like white girls with ass. Z Man sounds most impassioned when he's yapping about said white girls ("Bigots and Bitches," "White Girls With Ass") or getting faded (the rest of the album). Dope or Dogfood is just like its title-you'll either think it's really dope or dogfood.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player