Z Man Dope Or Dogfood
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Refill/Hiero Imperium
Rappers sound best when it's clear they feel a strong personal connection to their lyrics. When Paris and Mr. Lif spit agitprop, for instance, you can tell they really mean it. Other artists aren't tough on politics, and have to stick with subject matter that hits closer to home-like white girls with ass. Z Man sounds most impassioned when he's yapping about said white girls ("Bigots and Bitches," "White Girls With Ass") or getting faded (the rest of the album). Dope or Dogfood is just like its title-you'll either think it's really dope or dogfood.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player