Zimbabwe Legit Brothers From The Mother
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Glow-In-The Dark
Zimbabwean brothers Dumisani and Akim Ndlovu arrived in America in 1990 as fully formed masters of the mic. They rapped with an odd mixture of Das EFX's swift-tongued playfulness and Last Poets‘ emphatic radical stringency. Their conscious pro-African lyrics ricocheted against some of the chunkiest and funkiest beats being laid down during rap‘s golden age. Brothers From The Mother collates tracks Zimbabwe Legit originally cut shortly after hitting the States, but which have mostly remained unheard save for a 1992 EP issued by Hollywood Basic. Brothers stands up to era classics like Dream Warriors' And Now The Legacy Begins and Brand Nubian's One For All.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player