Zion I Deep Water Slang, Version 2.0
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Raptivism
Raptivism reissues the briefly out-of-print second album from the Oaktown duo that dares you to classify them. Deep Water Slang Version 2.0 testifies with the lion-heart of an art collective ready to rip shit apart-what else would you expect from the home of the Black Panthers? Make sure to keep your headz up for "Cheeba Cheeba," featuring the singular flow of LA's own Aceyalone. In a word: incendiary. Even though Zion I's latest joint carries equal parts drum & bass, reggae and old-school hip-hop, it's still hard to categorize. No problem-Zion I makes indefinition worth the listen.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player