Zion I Deep Water Slang, Version 2.0
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Raptivism
Raptivism reissues the briefly out-of-print second album from the Oaktown duo that dares you to classify them. Deep Water Slang Version 2.0 testifies with the lion-heart of an art collective ready to rip shit apart-what else would you expect from the home of the Black Panthers? Make sure to keep your headz up for "Cheeba Cheeba," featuring the singular flow of LA's own Aceyalone. In a word: incendiary. Even though Zion I's latest joint carries equal parts drum & bass, reggae and old-school hip-hop, it's still hard to categorize. No problem-Zion I makes indefinition worth the listen.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player