Zombie Nation Zombielicious
- Words: August Howard
- Label: UKW
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
There’s a good chance that Zombie Nation will never live down the infamous “Kernkraft 400,” which, 10 years after its release, is just as likely to be heard at your local sports arena as it is the club. Nevertheless, albums like Zombielicious do help prove that the Munich-based artist is more than a one-hit wonder. This is actually his fourth full-length; and, as expected, it’s loaded with propulsive, synth-driven, post-electroclash dance cuts. While Zombielicious doesn’t have any real anthems and definitely runs long, it has a cheeky sense of humor throughout. Plus, songs like “Supercake 53,” “Worth It Pt1,” and “Forza” are bassy slices of filtered electro that will undoubtedly be slurped up by your local blog house DJ.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player