Zombie Zombie A Land For Renegades
- Words: Taryn Harrington
- Label: Versatile
Combining a love for cult films (this duo met at a retrospective for Italian director Dario Argento) and a passion for music, Zombie Zombie evokes a French Krautrock explosion. The debut, A Land For Renegades, clearly gives props to German progpers like Can and Neu!, but they imbue their sounds with spine-tingling electronic beats, the type that Italians Do It Better would approve of. Opener “Driving the Road Until Death Sets You Free” sets the tone with its monstrous synthesizers, but things get increasingly more sophisticated with “What’s Happening In the City” and the John Carpenter-inspired “When I Scream You Scream.” All in all, this is a futuristic journey of epic proportions, sometimes scary but always engaging.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player