Zombie Zombie A Land For Renegades
- Words: Taryn Harrington
- Label: Versatile
Combining a love for cult films (this duo met at a retrospective for Italian director Dario Argento) and a passion for music, Zombie Zombie evokes a French Krautrock explosion. The debut, A Land For Renegades, clearly gives props to German progpers like Can and Neu!, but they imbue their sounds with spine-tingling electronic beats, the type that Italians Do It Better would approve of. Opener “Driving the Road Until Death Sets You Free” sets the tone with its monstrous synthesizers, but things get increasingly more sophisticated with “What’s Happening In the City” and the John Carpenter-inspired “When I Scream You Scream.” All in all, this is a futuristic journey of epic proportions, sometimes scary but always engaging.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player