- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: XL
After shit-hot singles "Tunnel Music" and "Serious Trouble" (on excellent UK imprint Flesh) made him a darling among underground tastemakers such as Soulwax, Andrew Weatherall and Trevor Jackson, illustrator-cum-producer Susumu Mukai has come clean with Zongamin's keenly-awaited longplayer. Adding to what those two singles emphasized-namely, rubber-bass and stiff, elastic dance rhythms you'd hear in your imagined fantasy of The Mudd Club-Mukai adds a healthy dose of film score ambience and whimsy into the mix. "J.Shivers Theme" could pass as vintage Sound Library fare and his cover of Arrow's "Make Love Not War" embraces surf guitar for good meaure. A subtle, brilliant antidote to the thick wit of electroclash.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player