Zorn All We Can Do is Enjoy the Ride
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Lux Nigra
With a page taken straight out of Detroit's Octave One and Planet E's books and tempered with a healthy dash of opiate visions, Berlin's Zorn conjures up a beautiful, melancholic futurescape. Rather than showcasing a diversity of styles, the album feels like one long, continuous track-a very tasteful, well-conceived track that never gets boring or stale. Because of this, it‘s hard to pick out highlights, but both the ultra-obtuse "Gone" and the moody "City of Industry" struck a chord somewhere very deep inside me. Pick this up if you're a fan of ambient/dubby techno or Vangelis.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player