Zorn All We Can Do is Enjoy the Ride
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Lux Nigra
With a page taken straight out of Detroit's Octave One and Planet E's books and tempered with a healthy dash of opiate visions, Berlin's Zorn conjures up a beautiful, melancholic futurescape. Rather than showcasing a diversity of styles, the album feels like one long, continuous track-a very tasteful, well-conceived track that never gets boring or stale. Because of this, it‘s hard to pick out highlights, but both the ultra-obtuse "Gone" and the moody "City of Industry" struck a chord somewhere very deep inside me. Pick this up if you're a fan of ambient/dubby techno or Vangelis.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player